Neil is a social housing finance specialist at Trowers & Hamlins. He "knows the finance market and key issues" (Legal 500) and "provides 'sound, sensible advice' to housing associations" (Chambers).
He also has wide-ranging expertise in real estate finance, student accommodation and housing PFI transactions. His real estate finance experience includes leading a due diligence team on the acquisition of a US$1.8 billion loan book secured on UK real estate (transaction featured as "Deal of the Week" in The Lawyer).
Neil works for a range of housing providers, large and small, on a wide variety of financing arrangements, including all types of loan facilities. He regularly acts for some of the largest housing groups, including The Guinness Partnership and Onward Homes. His other recent experience includes:
- Stock transfer transactions – acting on the financing of many stock transfer transactions, including all three of the most recent transfers: Gloucester City Homes, Salix Homes and County Durham Housing Group
- Bond issue – acting for Saxon Weald on their debut bond issue (£225 million) – the first stock transfer association for many years to wholly refinance its original bank debt by means of a bond issue.
- Danske Bank – acting for the Bank on their lending activities to English Registered Providers.
- Acting for One Vision Housing on the rescue of Venture Housing and the associated restructure of their existing loan facilities.
- Private placements – acting for Adactus Housing, bdht, V2C, One Vision Housing, Severnside Housing and South Liverpool Homes, including in each case acting on a simultaneous restructure of their existing loan facilities.
0161 838 2032 / email@example.com
EducationBSc (Hons) International Business and French, Aston University – graduated 1991