Margaret Boswell has been a partner in the Finance/Project Finance Department of Gide Loyrette Nouel's London office since 2004. She has substantial experience in international finance, including general banking law and capital markets as well as structured finance. She has specific expertise in project based finance having worked on many cross border transactions, including those listed below.
Recent Professional Experience
Recent transactions include multi-jurisdictional secured financings for various corporates and extensive secured lending transactions in Emerging Market Jurisdictions.
- Serbia (Societe Generale): Acting for the bank in connection with a loan facility to the Republic of Serbia, guaranteed by IBRD.
- Albania (OSSH, ongoing): Acting for IFC and EBRD in connection with a joint financing to an Albanian electricity company, guaranteed by its Czech parent.
- Iran (ECOBank, ongoing): Advising ECOBank on its financing of a waste management system outside Tehran.
- Turkey (IFC): Advising IFC in connection with an investment of the first issue of Covered Bonds under local legislation.
- Turkey/Russia (Aura Shopping Centre, ongoing): Acting in connection with a EUR 60,000,000 long-term financing to complete the construction of an energy efficient shopping centre in Novosibirsk, secured by pledge of shares in the Borrower, mortgage of immovable property; insurance assignment. The financing is guaranteed by the Turkish Sponsors under a corporate guarantee.
- Romania (KBC, ongoing): Acting for KBC Bank Ireland plc in connection with its EUR 113,500,000 financing of three shopping malls in Romania owned by inter alia SC Bel Rom Sase SRL.
- Russia (Raven Russia, ongoing): Acting for EBRD in connection with a EUR 40,000,000 loan to OOO "Logopark" to finance the construction of a series of large-scale warehouse buildings in Novosibirsk secured by a mortgage of land plot and buildings, share pledges by the borrower’s parent company and a sponsor guarantee.
- Russia (Irkutsk Oil, ongoing): Acting for EBRD in connection with a EUR 123,000,000 facility to OOO "Irkutsk Oil Company" to finance the development of Yaraktinskoe oil field in Irkutsk Oblast.
- Russia (Triumph Park, ongoing): Acting for EBRD in connection with a USD 150 million limited recourse financing of the construction of a large-scale median income residential neighbourhood secured by a mortgage of land plot and buildings.
- Russia (AVA-Peter, 2008): Acted for IFC in connection with a USD 18,500,000 financing of the development, construction and start-up costs of a new medical centre in Kazan by OOO "AVA-Peter", a Russian medical services provider, secured by a mortgage of immovable property and pledges of shares in the Borrower.
- Russia (Erste Bank, 2008): Acted for Erste Bank in connection with a EUR 76 million loan for construction of a logistic park in Krasnodarsky Kray secured by mortgages of immovable assets, pledges of shares in the Russian SPV and an assignment of the future receivables from the lease agreements to be entered into in connection with the logistic park.
- Russia (OAO Medicina, 2008): Acted for IFC in connection with a USD 50 million financing of OAO Medicina to finance the construction of a medical services center in Moscow secured by a mortgage of immovable property, pledges of shares in the borrower and an assignment of insurances.
- Russia (Partner-Tomsk, 2008): Acted for Eurasian Development Bank and Nomos Bank in connection with a EUR 160 million limited recourse facility provided to OOO "Partner Tomsk" to finance the construction of a wood processing plant in Tomsk. This transaction was governed entirely by the laws of the Russian Federation.
- Russia (Park Inn, 2005): Acted for EBRD in connection with a EUR 40 million limited recourse facility to finance the construction of three hotels in Russia. The security package included pledge/mortgage of property, share pledge, pledge of work in progress and assignment of receivables.
EducationLLB (Hons), University of Edinburgh