Emmanuel Mastromanolis is a member of the corporate commercial practice and head of the competition / anti-trust practice at Zepos & Yannopoulos Law Firm, Athens, Greece. He was admitted to the Athens Bar in 1991 and joined Zepos & Yannopoulos firm in 1998.
Emmanuel focuses on corporate, commercial, antitrust, trademarks, distribution and bankruptcy law, as well as in mergers and acquisitions (M & A). Corporate and M & A work include legal coverage for the establishment of joint ventures, the purchase or divestiture of holdings in the share capital of companies and the restructuring of the upstream and downstream business of clients. In competition law, Emmanuel’s experience covers all facets of the practice and ranges from the filing of pre-merger and post merger notifications of transactions (including horizontal agreements, vertical agreements and concentrations) to representation of clients that are subject to investigations and/ or proceedings before the competition authorities and administrative courts as well as provision of advice on the antitrust implications of business arrangements. Commercial work in turn includes the provision of advice on the intricacies of distribution and agency termination under Greek law.
Finally, Emmanuel gives advice regarding a wide area of issues arising following the enactment of the new bankruptcy laws, especially those involving Greek or foreign credit institutions and novel financial products, covered or not with collateral. Concurrently with his professional practice, Emmanuel teaches Competition Law, Company Law and Law of Commercial Contracts at the Faculty of Law of the University of Athens. He has also published in the above mentioned areas of laws.
Concurrently, Emmanuel Mastromanolis is Assistant Professor of Commercial Law at the Faculty of Law of the University of Athens, teaching a wide array of subjects, including Competition Law, Corporate Law, and Law of Commercial Contracts.
- Contribution of Chapters 10 (horizontal co-operation) and 11 (technology transfer) in: “Competition Law” (Nomiki Vivliothiki, D. Tzouganatos, ed., 2013)
- “Registration of Industrial Property Rights as Abuse of Dominant position after Astra Zeneca” Honorary Volume N. Rokas (Nomiki Vivliothiki, 2012), 1
- “Imputation of Liability for Competition Law breaches in company groups: new developments after AKZO v Commission and Bolloré v Commission in Commemorative Volute Stylianos Kousoulis (Sakoulas 2010), 277
- “Imputation of liability for breaches of competition law by a subsidiary to a parent: current approaches in comparative perspective”, Business and Company Law Review, 2009, 1301 (in Greek, with Professor Athanassiou)
- EU and US Competition Laws Compared: The Paradigm of Horizontal Co-operation in Maritime Trade, Proceedings of the European Colloquium of Maritime Research (eds A. Antapassis, L. Athanassiou, E. Rosaes, Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, 2008), 43
EducationUniversity of Athens, Faculty of Law (LL.B. 1988)University of Pennsylvania Law School (LL.M., Corporate, International Trade and Antitrust Law, 1989)University of Pennsylvania Law School (S.J.D., Comparative Antitrust Law, 1994)