For regulation 3 there is substituted—
“3 Functions in respect of the formulation and implementation of a strategy
(1) For each area there is to be a strategy group whose functions are to be to—
(a) prepare strategic assessments; and
(b) prepare and implement a partnership plan,
for that area on behalf of the responsible authorities.
(2) Subject to paragraph (3) the strategy group is to consist of two or more persons appointed by one or more of the responsible authorities in the area.
(3) Where there is more than one responsible authority of the type specified in section 5(1)(aa) of the 1998 Act in the area, those providers must jointly appoint one or more persons to the strategy group.
(4) A meeting of a strategy group may be attended by persons who represent co-operating and participating persons and bodies and such other persons as the strategy group invites.
(5) The strategy group must have in place arrangements governing the review of the expenditure of partnership monies and for assessing the economy, efficiency and effectiveness of such expenditure.”.
Specified date: 5 December 2011: see reg 1(1).