2Amendments of the Animal By-Products (Enforcement) (England) Regulations 2011
The Animal By-Products (Enforcement) (England) Regulations 2011 are amended as follows—
(a) in regulation 4 (access) for “regulations 5 and 6” substitute “regulation 5”;
(b) in regulation 9 (remote areas) omit paragraph (c);
(c) after regulation 29 insert—
“30 Review of these Regulations
(1) The Secretary of State must from time to time—
(a) carry out a review of these Regulations;
(b) set out the conclusions of the review in a report; and
(c) publish the report.
(2) In carrying out the review the Secretary of State must, so far as is reasonable, have regard to how the EU Control Regulation and the EU Implementing Regulation are implemented in other member States.
(3) The report must in particular—
(a) set out the objectives intended to be achieved by these Regulations;
(b) assess the extent to which those objectives are achieved; and
(c) assess whether those objectives remain appropriate and, if so, the extent to which they could be achieved in a less burdensome way.
(4) The first report under this regulation must be published before the end of the period of five years beginning with 30th November 2011.
(5) Reports under this regulation are afterwards to be published at intervals not exceeding five years.”; and
(d) in Schedule 1 (animal by-product requirements), after item 3 insert a new item 3A with the following contents—
(i) in column 1 insert “3A Restrictions on access to carcases”,
(ii) in column 2 insert “Articles 12, 13 and 21(1) of the EU Control Regulation”, and
(iii) in column 3 insert “Regulation 6 of these Regulations”.
Specified date: 30 November 2011: see reg 1(b).