Free legislation on LexisWeb is as enacted and does not take into account any amendments
(1) This section has effect for the purposes of sections 96 and 97 in their application to Wales.
(2) A qualification is approved at a given time if—
(a) it is then approved by the National Assembly for Wales, or
(b) it is then approved by a body then designated by the National Assembly for the purposes of this section.
(3) Approval may be given generally or in relation to particular cases.
(4) An approval given by a designated body is ineffective unless the National Assembly consents to the approval.
(5) The National Assembly may at any time revoke—
(a) a designation;
(b) an approval given by the National Assembly;
(c) an approval given by a designated body.
(6) A designated body may at any time revoke an approval given by it.
(7) If the National Assembly asks the Qualifications, Curriculum and Assessment Authority for Wales to do so, it must advise the National Assembly on any approval the National Assembly proposes to give under subsection (2)(a).
(8) If a designated body asks the Qualifications, Curriculum and Assessment Authority for Wales to do so, it must advise the body on any approval the body proposes to give under subsection (2)(b).
To be appointed: see s 154(2)(b).