(1) This section applies if the Chief Inspector for Wales publishes a report of an area inspection conducted under section 83.
(2) The National Assembly may direct the Council to prepare a written statement of the action which it proposes to take in the light of the report and the period within which it proposes to take it.
(3) The National Assembly may direct a local education authority whose area is wholly or partly in the area covered by the report to prepare a written statement of the action which they propose to take in the light of the report and the period within which they propose to take it.
(4) In preparing the statement the Council or the authority must consult such persons as the National Assembly may direct.
(5) The person making the statement must—
(a) publish it within such period, and in such manner, as may be prescribed by regulations made by the National Assembly; and
(b) send copies of it to such persons as may be so prescribed.