Free legislation on LexisWeb is as enacted and does not take into account any amendments
(1) If asked to do so by the National Assembly, the Chief Inspector for Wales must inspect—
(a) the quality and availability of a specified description of education or training, in a specified area in Wales, for persons who are aged 16 or over;
(b) the standards achieved by those receiving that education or training; and
(c) whether the financial resources made available to those providing that education and training are managed efficiently and used in a way which provides value for money.
(2) The Chief Inspector for Wales may, without being asked to, conduct such an inspection.
(3) If financial resources have been applied by the Council or a local education authority in respect of education or training which is being inspected under this section, the inspection may extend to considering the manner in which those resources have been applied and whether they have been applied in a way which provides value for money.
(4) The education or training that may be made the subject of an area inspection is any education or training within the remit of the Chief Inspector for Wales (whether as a result of this Part or of any other enactment).
(5) A provider of education or training which is the subject of an area inspection must provide such information as the Chief Inspector for Wales may reasonably require in connection with the inspection.
(6) The Council and any local education authority within the area which is the subject of an area inspection must provide such information as the Chief Inspector for Wales may reasonably require in connection with the inspection.
(7) The National Assembly may by regulations make further provision with respect to the obligation to provide information imposed by this section.
(8) On completing an area inspection, the Chief Inspector for Wales must make a written report.
(9) Subsections (4), (5)(a) to (c) and (6) to (9) of section 77 apply to a report under this section as they apply to a report under that section.
(10) “Area inspection” means an inspection under this section.
To be appointed: see s 154(2)(a).