Free legislation on LexisWeb is as enacted and does not take into account any amendments
In the Teaching and Higher Education Act 1998, after section 35, insert—“35A Inspection of other careers services etc in Wales
(1) This section applies if a person (“A”) who provides a relevant service to which section 35(1) applies also provides education, training or an advisory service—
(a) in pursuance of arrangements made by the National Assembly for Wales under section 2 of the Employment and Training Act 1973; or
(b) with the assistance of a grant or loan made under section 12(1) of the Industrial Development Act 1982.
(2) The Chief Inspector for Wales shall, if requested to do so by the National Assembly for Wales, arrange for A to be inspected under this section.
(3) A request may relate to more than one person and shall specify—
(a) the person or persons concerned, and
(b) the education, training or advisory service to which the inspection is to relate.
(4) An inspection under this section is to consist of a review of the way in which A is providing the education, training or advisory service specified in the request.
(5) Before making a request, the National Assembly for Wales must consult the Chief Inspector for Wales as to the matters to be specified in the request.
(6) Subsections (6) to (6C) of section 35 apply in relation to an inspection under this section as they apply in relation to an inspection under that section.
(7) In this section “the Chief Inspector for Wales” means Her Majesty's Chief Inspector of Education and Training in Wales or Prif Arolygydd Ei Mawrhydi dros Addysg a Hyfforddiant yng Nghymru.”
To be appointed: see s 154(2)(a).