Free legislation on LexisWeb is as enacted and does not take into account any amendments
(1) The Chief Inspector for Wales must inspect education and training brought within the remit of the Chief Inspector for Wales by this Part.
(2) Inspections are to be conducted at such intervals as may be prescribed.
(3) The Chief Inspector for Wales must report in writing on—
(a) the quality of the education or training inspected;
(b) the standards achieved by those receiving that education or training; and
(c) whether the financial resources made available to the provider of the education or training are managed efficiently and used in a way which provides value for money.
(4) The report under subsection (3) must be made within such period as may be prescribed.
(5) The Chief Inspector for Wales must without delay send a copy of the report under subsection (3) to—
(a) the National Assembly;
(b) the Council;
(c) any local education authority providing funds for the education or training inspected; and
(d) the provider of the inspected education or training.
(6) Copies may also be sent to such other persons as the Chief Inspector for Wales considers appropriate.
(7) A copy may be supplied under subsection (6) free of charge or on payment of such fee, not exceeding the cost of supplying the copy, as the Chief Inspector for Wales may determine.
(8) The Chief Inspector for Wales must arrange for the report to be published in such manner as he considers appropriate.
(9) “Prescribed” means prescribed in regulations made by the National Assembly.
To be appointed: see s 154(2)(a).