7 Funding of school sixth-forms
Free legislation on LexisWeb is as enacted and does not take into account any amendments
7Funding of school sixth-forms
(1) The Council may make a grant to a local education authority—
(a) on the condition that the grant be applied as part of the authority's local schools budget for a financial year, and
(b) with a view to the grant being used for the purposes of, or for purposes connected with, the provision by schools of education suitable to the requirements of persons above compulsory school age.
(2) A grant made under this section may be made on conditions in addition to the condition mentioned in subsection (1)(a) (including conditions of a kind which could be imposed under section 6).
(3) “Local schools budget” has the same meaning as in Part II of the School Standards and Framework Act 1998 (framework for maintained schools).
To be appointed
To be appointed: see s 154(1)(a).
Rights & Duties of Employees & Employers91
Employment & Labour Law91
- Authoritative guides to the status of statutory provisions and their meaning from a range of titles from Butterworths, Halsbury's Statutes and TolleyView other related LexisLibrary annotations
- The current law in England and Wales, consolidated by the incorporation of amendments into existing legislation, by an expert team of editorsView Consolidated Version
- Indicates the date on which a section of an enactment was brought into force, powered by Halsbury's Is It In ForceView current status of this Act
- Cases related to this particular case that are related to, or discuss this caseView related cases
- Official explanatory notes that further explain the effects of the Act and summarise what the Act sets out to achieveView official explanatory notes
- Commentary discussing this particular case from LexisLibrary's comprehensive range of titles including Butterworths, Halsbury's and TolleyView all related commentary
- An authoritative guide to the status of statutory provisions and their meaning, including definitions, cross-references and information on commencement and amendmentView Halsbury Statutes Citator
- Subordinate legislation is made under the authority of a provision (or provisions) of an Act (or Acts) of ParliamentView all subordinate legislation