Free legislation on LexisWeb is as enacted and does not take into account any amendments
(1) The Inspectorate may give advice to the Secretary of State on any matter relating to education or training within its remit.
(2) The Inspectorate may inspect, and report on, any education or training within its remit.
(3) The Inspectorate may inspect any education or training—
(a) which is not within its remit, but
(b) which would be if it were funded in one of the ways mentioned in section 53,
if asked to do so by the provider of the education or training.
(4) The Inspectorate may charge for the cost of an inspection conducted under subsection (3).
(5) The Inspectorate must send copies of a report of an inspection conducted under this section otherwise than as a result of a request under subsection (3) to—
(a) the Secretary of State;
(b) the Learning and Skills Council for England;
(c) any local education authority providing funds for the education or training inspected; and
(d) the provider of the inspected education or training.
(6) Copies may also be sent to such other persons as the Inspectorate considers appropriate.
(7) The Inspectorate must arrange for the report to be published in such manner as it considers appropriate.
(8) The Inspectorate may arrange for a report of an inspection carried out as a result of a request under subsection (3) to be published.
To be appointed: see s 154(1)(a).