39 Further education: governors
Free legislation on LexisWeb is as enacted and does not take into account any amendments
39Further education: governors
(1) The Council may appoint a person to be a member of the governing body of an institution which—
(a) falls within the further education sector (within the meaning given by section 91(3) of the Further and Higher Education Act 1992), and
(b) mainly serves the population of Wales.
(2) But no more than two members of the governing body of a given institution may at any given time have been appointed under this section.
To be appointed
To be appointed: see s 154(2)(a).
- Authoritative guides to the status of statutory provisions and their meaning from a range of titles from Butterworths, Halsbury's Statutes and TolleyView other related LexisLibrary annotations
- The current law in England and Wales, consolidated by the incorporation of amendments into existing legislation, by an expert team of editorsView Consolidated Version
- Indicates the date on which a section of an enactment was brought into force, powered by Halsbury's Is It In ForceView current status of this Act
- Cases related to this particular case that are related to, or discuss this caseView related cases
- Official explanatory notes that further explain the effects of the Act and summarise what the Act sets out to achieveView official explanatory notes
- Commentary discussing this particular case from LexisLibrary's comprehensive range of titles including Butterworths, Halsbury's and TolleyView all related commentary
- An authoritative guide to the status of statutory provisions and their meaning, including definitions, cross-references and information on commencement and amendmentView Halsbury Statutes Citator
- Subordinate legislation is made under the authority of a provision (or provisions) of an Act (or Acts) of ParliamentView all subordinate legislation