21 Guidance to local councils
Free legislation on LexisWeb is as enacted and does not take into account any amendments
21Guidance to local councils
(1) In relation to each financial year of the Council it must prepare guidance for each local council.
(2) The guidance must include—
(a) objectives which a local council should achieve in seeking to carry out its functions;
(b) time limits within which it should achieve the objectives.
(3) The guidance must set a local council's budget for the financial year.
(4) The Council must consult the regional development agencies and local education authorities on the guidance.
(5) After consulting under subsection (4) and (if appropriate) altering the guidance the Council must issue the guidance to the local council.
(6) A regional development agency is a development agency established by section 1 of the Regional Development Agencies Act 1998.
To be appointed
To be appointed: see s 154(1)(a).
- Authoritative guides to the status of statutory provisions and their meaning from a range of titles from Butterworths, Halsbury's Statutes and TolleyView other related LexisLibrary annotations
- The current law in England and Wales, consolidated by the incorporation of amendments into existing legislation, by an expert team of editorsView Consolidated Version
- Indicates the date on which a section of an enactment was brought into force, powered by Halsbury's Is It In ForceView current status of this Act
- Cases related to this particular case that are related to, or discuss this caseView related cases
- Official explanatory notes that further explain the effects of the Act and summarise what the Act sets out to achieveView official explanatory notes
- Commentary discussing this particular case from LexisLibrary's comprehensive range of titles including Butterworths, Halsbury's and TolleyView all related commentary
- An authoritative guide to the status of statutory provisions and their meaning, including definitions, cross-references and information on commencement and amendmentView Halsbury Statutes Citator
- Subordinate legislation is made under the authority of a provision (or provisions) of an Act (or Acts) of ParliamentView all subordinate legislation