Free legislation on LexisWeb is as enacted and does not take into account any amendments
(1) The following provisions of this Act shall come into force in accordance with provision made by the Secretary of State by order—
(a) Parts I and III,
(b) sections 89, 90, 92, 94, 98, 100(1), 101, 104 to 109, 114 to 122, 132 to 136, 146 and 147,
(c) in Schedule 9, paragraphs 11, 14, 35, 37 to 39, 41 to 43, 47 to 50, 52(3), 83, 87 and 88,
(d) Part IV of Schedule 10, and
(e) in Schedule 11, the repeals in section 91 of the Further and Higher Education Act 1992 and section 142 of the School Standards and Framework Act 1998 and the repeals consequential upon any provision mentioned in paragraph (c).
(2) The following provisions of this Act shall come into force in accordance with provision made by the National Assembly for Wales by order—
(a) Parts II and IV, and
(b) sections 91, 93, 99, 100(2), 102, 123 to 129 and 138.
(3) If and in so far as a provision of this Part relates to England, the Secretary of State may (subject to subsection (5)) make provision by order about its commencement.
(4) If and in so far as a provision of this Part relates to Wales, the National Assembly for Wales may (subject to subsection (5)) make provision by order about its commencement.
(5) Subsections (3) and (4) do not apply to—
(a) a provision mentioned in subsection (1) or (2),
(b) any of sections 130, 131, 150, 151, 152, 155 and 156,
(c) Schedule 8,
(d) any provision of Schedule 9 or 11 which is consequential upon section 130 or 131 or Schedule 8,
(e) Parts I to III of Schedule 10, or
(f) this section.
(6) The Secretary of State may by order make provision—
(a) in consequence of a provision of this Act being brought into force at different times in relation to England and in relation to Wales, or
(b) in consequence of one provision of this Act being brought into force before another.
(7) The National Assembly for Wales may by order make provision in relation to Wales in consequence of either of the matters mentioned in subsection (6)(a) and (b).
(8) An order under subsection (6) or (7) may, in particular, disapply or modify the application of provision made by or under this or any other Act.
Royal Assent: 28 July 2000: see sub-s (5)(f) above.