Free legislation on LexisWeb is as enacted and does not take into account any amendments
(1) In exercising its functions the Council must have due regard to the need to promote equality of opportunity—
(a) between persons of different racial groups,
(b) between men and women, and
(c) between persons who are disabled and persons who are not.
(2) As soon as is reasonably practicable after the end of each financial year of the Council it must publish a report containing—
(a) a statement of the arrangements made under subsection (1) and having effect in the year;
(b) an assessment of how effective the arrangements were in promoting equality of opportunity.
(3) The report must also contain a statement of the arrangements which the Council has made, or proposes to make, under subsection (1) in respect of the financial year immediately following that referred to in subsection (2).
(4) The Council must send a copy of the report to the Secretary of State.
(5) “Racial group” has the same meaning as in the Race Relations Act 1976.
(6) Disabled persons are persons who are disabled for the purposes of the Disability Discrimination Act 1995.
To be appointed: see s 154(1)(a).