Free legislation on LexisWeb is as enacted and does not take into account any amendments
(1) The National Assembly for Wales may direct a local authority—
(a) to provide youth support services;
(b) to secure the provision of youth support services;
(c) to participate in the provision of youth support services.
(2) In this section “youth support services” means services which in the opinion of the National Assembly will encourage, enable or assist young persons (directly or indirectly)—
(a) to participate effectively in education or training,
(b) to take advantage of opportunities for employment, or
(c) to participate effectively and responsibly in the life of their communities.
(3) In this section “young persons” means persons who have attained the age of 11 but not the age of 26.
(4) A direction under subsection (1)—
(a) may include provision for grants, loans and other kinds of financial assistance to be provided by the National Assembly (whether or not on conditions),
(b) may require local authorities to have regard to guidance issued by the National Assembly, and
(c) may require local authorities when making arrangements with other persons to require those persons to have regard to guidance issued by the National Assembly.
(5) A direction under subsection (1)—
(a) may relate to a particular class of young person;
(b) may make different provision for different classes of young person;
(c) may be revoked or varied by a later direction.
To be appointed: see s 154(2)(b).