Free legislation on LexisWeb is as enacted and does not take into account any amendments
(1) Before providing or securing the provision of services of the kind mentioned in section 114(1) for residents of a particular place or area, the Secretary of State shall consult each of the following with responsibility for all or part of the place or area—
(a) a local authority,
(b) a Health Authority,
(c) a chief officer of police,
(d) a police authority,
(e) a probation committee,
(f) a youth offending team, and
(g) a Primary Care Trust.
(2) The Secretary of State shall also consult—
(a) any voluntary body which provides services for young persons in the place or area concerned and which the Secretary of State thinks it appropriate to consult, and
(b) such other persons as he thinks appropriate.
(3) Subsection (4) applies where the Secretary of State—
(a) provides or proposes to provide, or
(b) secures or proposes to secure the provision of,
services of the kind mentioned in section 114(1) for the residents of a particular place or area.
(4) Where this subsection applies, persons and bodies listed in subsection (1) with responsibility for all or part of that place or area shall—
(a) exercise their functions so as to support and assist the services provided, secured or proposed by the Secretary of State, and
(b) coordinate the exercise of their functions, so far as seems reasonable, with persons providing those services.
(5) Subsection (4) shall not require persons or bodies to take action which would significantly interfere with the efficient or effective exercise of their functions.
To be appointed: see s 154(1)(b).