Free legislation on LexisWeb is as enacted and does not take into account any amendments
(1) The Secretary of State may provide or secure the provision of services which he thinks will encourage, enable or assist (directly or indirectly) effective participation by young persons in education or training.
(2) In securing the provision of those services the Secretary of State may, in particular—
(a) make arrangements with local authorities and other persons for the provision of services;
(b) direct local education authorities to provide services, to secure the provision of services or to participate in the provision of services.
(3) Arrangements and directions under subsection (2) may include provision—
(a) for grants, loans and other kinds of financial assistance to be provided by the Secretary of State (whether or not on conditions);
(b) requiring persons with whom arrangements are made or to whom directions are given to have regard to guidance issued by the Secretary of State.
(4) In this section “young persons” means persons who have attained the age of 13 but not the age of 20.
(5) A direction under this section may be revoked or varied by a later direction.
To be appointed: see s 154(1)(b).