Free legislation on LexisWeb is as enacted and does not take into account any amendments
(1) The Education Act 1997 shall be amended as follows.
(2) In section 24 (functions of Qualifications and Curriculum Authority in relation to external qualifications) in subsection (2) for paragraphs (h) and (i) substitute—
“(gg) to make arrangements (whether or not with others) for the development, setting or administration of tests or tasks which fall to be undertaken with a view to obtaining such qualifications and which fall within a prescribed description.”
(3) In subsection (3) of section 24 for “(g)” substitute “(gg)”.
(4) In section 30 (functions of Qualifications, Curriculum and Assessment Authority for Wales in relation to external qualifications)—
(a) in subsection (1) omit “or by subsection (3)”;
(b) in subsection (2) for “(g)” substitute “(gg)”;
(c) omit subsection (3).
(5) In section 37 (requirement for approval of certain courses leading to external qualifications) omit subsections (1) to (4) and in subsection (5) the words “, which are superseded by this section,”.
To be appointed: see s 154(3), (4).