Yvette Verleisdonk focuses on loan finance, asset based finance, aircraft finance, acquisition finance, securitisation and restructuring transactions. Yvette also has extensive experience in most areas of corporate law.
Recent transactions include:
- representing Deutsche Bank and Goldman Sachs in relation to financing of the Ideal Standard Group by means of debt and equity (2011)
- assisting ABN Amro, acting as arranger in a RMBS transaction involving the securitisation of Dutch mortgage receivables by Argenta Spaarbank (2011)
- representing Barclays Capital in the refinancing of the Hertz group by means of debt and equity (2010)
- representing Deutsche Bank in the EUR 1,040,000,000 financing of the Styron Group (2010)
- the restructuring and refinancing of Deceuninck NV (2009)
- the refinancing of the David Lloyd group (2009)
- financing transactions in connection with the acquisition of real estate, including an industrial park in Ostend and office buildings in Brussels
- advising ABN Amro Bank, in connection with the demerger resulting from the acquisition of ABN Amro Bank by The Royal Bank of Scotland, on the transfer of a portfolio of Belgian loans and related security rights (2010)
Yvette has also acted for, amongst others, Travelex, Exel and 3i in connection with their acquisitions and investments in Belgian companies.
She is a frequent speaker on topics of financial and corporate law, the author of a book on the extra-contractual liability of the European Communities and the co-author of a book on the theoretical and practical aspects of due diligence.
Yvette has been recognised as a leading lawyer for Banking and Project Finance in the 2012 edition of IFLR1000.
Quote Chambers Europe 2011: "Clients are thoroughly impressed with Yvette Verleisdonk, citing in particular her commercial sense and responsiveness. She often works for clients from the UK and the USA and specialises in loan finance, acquisition finance, asset-based finance and restructuring. She leads the firm’s loan finance team."
EducationLaw degree from the University of Leiden (the Netherlands) 1989, LL.M, magna cum laude, from Fordham University Law School (New York) 1993
MembershipsCommittee on Financial Services of the International Bar Association
QualificationAdmitted to the Belgian Bar, the Dutch Bar and the New York Bar