Yogi joined Assegaf Hamzah & Partners after graduating from law school in 2001, and was made Partner in their Disputes Practice in 2012. During his time with the firm, he has amassed a wealth of expertise in his principal focus areas -- commercial litigation, land law, mergers and acquisitions, aviation law and, in particular, competition law, where he played a key role in securing a number of recent groundbreaking judicial decisions. These include the PT Garuda Indonesia vs. the Competition Supervisory Commission (KPPU) case, where the District Court overturned the KPPU’s decision that Garuda was part of an airline cartel established to maintain fuel surcharges, and held that uncorroborated circumstantial evidence could not be used to prove cartel allegations, and the PT Holcim Indonesia vs. the KPPU case, where Yogi was a member of the team that successfully defended cement producer PT Holcim Indonesia, a subsidiary of the largest cement producer in the world, against charges of participating in a price-fixing conspiracy with other cement producers. He also recently successfully defended oil and gas firm PT Gita Persada against allegations of collusion in a tender process.
In the merger notification arena, Yogi has been involved in a long list of merger and takeover deals, including:
• Acquisition of PT Indosiar Karya Media Tbk by PT Elang Mahkota Teknologi Tbk;
• Acquisition of Affinity Group Pte. Ltd. by Spice i2i Ltd;
• Acquisition of PT Midi Utama Indonesia Tbk. by PT Sumber Alfaria Trijaya Tbk;
• Acquisition of PT Indomobil Sukses International Tbk by Gallant Venture Ltd;
• Acquisition of Noble Plantation Pte Ltd by Newbloom Pte Ltd;
• Acquisition of Yihai Kerry (Lianyungang) Aliphatic Amines Co. by Clariant Participations Ltd;
• Acquisition of Global Amines Pte., Ltd. by KOG Investments Pte., Ltd.;
• Acquisition of PT Axis Telekom Indonesia by PT XL Axiata Tbk (Indonesia’s largest telcoms deal ever).
He has also assisted a series of prominent clients with competition monitoring processes conducted by the KPPU and in the conducting of competition audits.
Among the blue-chip domestic and international clients that Yogi has represented or advised on various matters are Bank Mandiri, miner BHP Billiton, oil trading company Chemoil, energy firm Petronas Niaga, and airport operator Angkasa Pura. He also advised on the recent purchase of national TV broadcaster Indosiar. A recognized authority on alternative dispute resolution, Yogi is regularly called upon to appear before arbitration tribunals such as the Indonesian National Arbitration Board (BANI).
Yogi holds a bachelor of law degree, majoring in international law, from Padjajaran University, Bandung, and an advocate's license from the Indonesian Bar Association (Peradi). He is a practicing advocate.