Tomáš Maretta, during his fifteen-year practice in the firm Čechová & Partners, has been involved in a number of transactions and was instrumental mainly in antitrust and merger control advice.
Tomáš is an expert in the area of competition and antitrust law. He successfully assisted in clearances of various local acquisitions on the Slovak market and in a number of worldwide transactions of multinational companies active in various sectors, including aviation, automotive, construction, and other industries. Tomáš also provided diverse advice with respect to cartel agreements and other anticompetitive practices and has been representing clients in cartel proceedings at the AMO. Tomáš has regularly assisted in the preparation and revisions of various vertical and horizontal agreements with respect to competition law. Tomáš has also been regularly providing assistance to clients in competition compliance trainings and audits as well as in investigations and dawn raids conducted by antimonopoly bodies.
During his practice, Tomáš also gained significant experience in the area of corporate and commercial law. In the aviation sector, he assisted various players in the field, including an airport operator or a leading Central-European airline. Such assistance included contract negotiations, regulatory matters and corporate matters.
- Slovakia’s New Act on the Protection of Economic Competition. In: BNA’s Eastern European Reporter, July 2001, p. 18
- Changes to Slovak Competition Law, ABA Antitrust Bulletin, 2004
- Slovak chapter in Practical Guide to National Competition Rules Across Europe (Kluwer 2007)
- Slovak chapter in International Comparative Legal Guide to: Merger Control (2005, 2006), Class Actions (2009) and Competition Litigation (2009)
- Slovak chapter in International Comparative Legal Guide to: Class Actions (2009)
- Slovak chapter in International Comparative Legal Guide to: Competition Litigation (2009)
- Slovak Chapter: The European Antitrust Review 2014 (Global Competition Review 2013)
- Slovak chapter in Competition Law in Central and Eastern Europe (Kluwer 2014)
- Articles in the section Current Developments in Member States in European Competition Journal
- Regular articles in European Competition Journal
EducationLaw Faculty of Comenius University in Bratislava (1999)