Susanna Heley is an associate in the Commercial Litigation Department of RadcliffesLeBrasseur . Her areas of expertise, include: solicitors’ professional discipline, commercial and civil litigation and intellectual property.
Susanna's experience includes acting for individual solicitors, partners and employees in all professional discipline matters including:
- SRA investigations;
- Applications and appeals relating to Practising Certificate conditions;
- Disciplinary proceedings before SRA adjudicators;
- LCS complaints;
- Referrals to the SDT;
- Statutory appeals to the High Court;
Susanna also acts for companies, charities, institutions and individuals on a range of contentious matters including:
- Advising on a broad range of contractual disputes, including international and cross jurisdictional disputes;
- Advising on the implementation and enforcement of foreign judgments in England and Wales;
- Debt recovery;
- Consumer Credit Act disputes and disputes involving unfair contract terms;
- Intellectual Property disputes involving alleged breach of patents and trademarks, disputes concerning parallel imports and the exhaustion of rights;
- Website disputes including applications under the Uniform Dispute Resolution Procedure through the WIPO and copyright infringement;
- Insolvency proceedings;
- Internet defamation and privacy.
Susanna acts for solicitors, including individuals and employees and commercial entities of varying sizes from sole traders to large group companies and profit and non profit institutions predominantly in service, retail and manufacturing (including Research and Development) industries.
EducationUniversity of Sheffield
MembershipsThe Law Society, Committee member City of Westminster & Holborn Law Society (Secretary of Professional Matters Subcommittee), Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers.
QualificationBA (Law) Law With German (Dual Hons)