Shahjahan is an Associate specialising in immigration at Withers LLP. Prior to joining Withers, Shahjahan lead the immigration team at Clarkslegal LLP and was Head of Skilled Migration at Turpin & Miller LLP.
He has specialised in immigration since 2008 and has developed a niche practice in corporate immigration. He advises businesses and individuals on all applications, appeals and Judicial Reviews under the Points Based System (PBS) and pre-PBS equivalents. His clients range from multinational corporations to highly skilled individuals, investors, entrepreneurs, sportspersons and members of the clergy.
He has also given numerous presentations on immigration and is quoted in news articles on immigration.
Some examples of client work:
- Tier 1, 2, 4 and 5 visa applications.
- Appeals to First Tier Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber) including representation.
- Appeals to Upper Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber).
- Judicial Review of visa applications.
- Judicial Review of sponsorship licence decisions.
- Assisting with applications for sponsorship licences.
- Assisting with maintenance of sponsorship licences including acting as Level 1 user, key contact, applying for CoS and assigning CoS.
- Assisting sponsors with UKBA audits.
- Training HR teams on immigration.
- European Free Movement rights including A2 and A8 Accession Regulations.
- Turkish Ankara Agreement.
- Indefinite leave to remain.
- British Citizenship.
- Human Rights applications.
- A wide range of visas including:
- Work permits.
- UK Ancestry.
- Spouse/civil partner, unmarried partner, bereaved partner, access to child.
- Dependent relative.
- HM Forces.
- Long residence.
Tel: +44 (0)20 7597 6000
EducationLancaster University, Law LLB (Hons)Languages spoken: Bengali • French