Raluca Vasilache is a competition partner with Tuca Zbârcea & Asociatii and head of the firm`s practice in this area. For the past 15 years, she has covered a wide array of legal issues in the field of competition law but also on intellectual property matters. She has undertaken numerous procedures of reviewing mergers and acquisitions under antitrust/competition law, acting for multinational clients from various sectors, such as financial services, telecommunications, consumer goods retail and wholesale, oil, steel, pharma, electricity. Raluca is recognised by Chambers and Partners as "one of the best competition lawyers in the market. She displays proficiency across a broad range of competition and state aid matters."
Praised for her work on merger control, antitrust and state aid cases, she is constantly involved on behalf of client mandate in relation to investigations with the Romanian Competition Council and the EC and during dawn raids of the competition authorities. She has also assisted clients in relation to various matters, such as consumer protection and anti-counterfeiting, unfair competition, trademark and copyright regulatory issues.
Under Raluca’s coordination, the firm’s competition team is acting for multinational clients from a large range of industry sectors, such as pharma, oil, steel, telecommunications, consumer goods retail, automotive, electricity.
Raluca Vasilache along with the competition team at Tuca Zbarcea & Asociatii was nominated for the “European Competition Team of the Year” at The Lawyer European Awards 2014.
- Author of the chapter on Romania in PLC Cross-border Competition Handbook – Leniency, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006;
- Author of the chapter on Romania in the international work Global Merger Control Manual, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2004;
- Author of the chapter on Romania in Handbook of Competition Economics, Global Competition Review, 2008, 2007;
- Author of the chapter on Romania in Dominance, Global Competition Review, 2010, 2009, 2008;
- Pre-accession State aid after joining the European Union, article published in Legal Week, 2007;
- State aid – major challenge for Romania in view of accession, article published in Business Review, 2006;
- Ofensiva Consiliului Concurentei impotriva practicilor anticoncurentiale (Competition Council’s fight against anticompetitive practices), article published in Business Review, 2006;
- Should you be afraid of dawn raids?, article published in Bucharest Lawyer, 2006;
- Expert’s valuable opinion in patent cancellation action in court, article published by Terralex, 2004;
- Romania’s legislation in line with the EU competition regulation, article published in Global Competition Review, 2004;
- Contributor to the chapter on Romania in the international work “The Global Merger Notification”, 2004;
- Better Business, Bucharest, 2009;
- Doing Business in Europe, 2004
EducationUniversity of Bucharest, Faculty of Law (1995-1999)High school “Elena Cuza”, Bucharest (1990-1995)