Mark Pring is a partner in the Litigation Group of Addleshaw Goddard, having joined the firm in January 2012. Mark has extensive experience in handling high-value, multi-jurisdictional disputes (including cross-border litigation and arbitrations) and the mediation of those disputes. His practice has a strong focus on insurance and reinsurance work, covering numerous classes of business, including professional indemnity, financial institutions risks, D&O, property, energy and construction.
In addition, Mark recently spent two years in the Dubai office of a US firm, during which time he cemented his growing reputation for handling complex international arbitration proceedings and in advising a range of commercial clients on core risk management issues, including corporate governance matters, and anti-corruption policies and procedures.
Mark's recent experience includes:
- Advising London Market insurers in relation to financial lines claims arising out of the collapse of a major Middle East trading group.
- Advising an international reinsurer in relation to reinsurance arrangements with a Dubai-based insurer in respect of financial lines and related covers.
- Acting for a major reinsurer in connection with ad hoc Bermuda arbitration proceedings between the "captive" insurer of a global accounting firm and reinsurers of professional indemnity risks.
- Advising a major insurer in relation to the investigation of an employee fraud claim for a Dubai-based insured.
- Advising the UK-based operating subsidiaries of a major US engineering group in its policies and procedures in relation to the UK Bribery Act 2010 and related obligations.
- Representing a professional investor in English Commercial Court proceedings arising out of foreign exchange losses.
- Advising a Turkish client in relation to a disputed distribution agreement.
- Representing a Dubai International Financial Centre ("DIFC")-based client in relation to an internal investigation of the unauthorised dealings of a senior manager with a counterparty in a joint venture arrangement.
Mark is a regular speaker at industry conferences, including in the Middle East and contributes to a number of high profile publications, including Lexis PSL, Insurance Day, Global Reinsurance and Sweet & Maxwell's Insurance and Reinsurance Law Briefing.
Mark is also a member of the Law Society, the London Solicitors Litigation Association, the British Insurance Law Association and the Association Internationale de Droit des Assurances (AIDA).