ProfessionPartner, Herbert Smith Freehills
Leon is a partner in the disputes practice at Herbert Smith Freehills. His practice encompasses all aspects of international law, international disputes and international arbitration. Leon has advised and acted widely across a number of industries for global clients, including in energy and resources, mining, infrastructure, sovereign investment funds, government and government agencies and financial services. His practice covers front-end risk management and assessment, international contracting work, international arbitration and litigation, international investment law and treaties, and foreign regulatory investigations relating to sanctions and foreign corrupt practices.
Leon has acted on:
• international arbitration and transnational litigation
• international commercial transactions and contracting
• international investments and cross-border transactions
• investigations by and applications to foreign governments and international regulatory bodies and organisations, and
• corporate responsibility compliance including compliance with anti-foreign corruption regimes, international sanction regimes, and other international legal obligations.