Gary has a general commercial and corporate finance practice with particular experience in mergers and acquisitions. A large part of his work involves cross-border transactions.
Highlights include advising:
- Autonomy on the £7.09 billion recommended cash offer by Hewlett-Packard
- Emerson on its £997 million offer for Chloride
- Unilever on the disposals of its specialty chemicals, bakery, dry soups and sauces, industrial cleaning, European frozen foods and olive oil businesses, its acquisition of Bestfoods and its offer to acquire Sara Lee’s worldwide body care and European detergents businesses
- Corus Group on the recommended offer by Tata Steel of £6.2 billion and the competing offer by CSN and on the disposal of its downstream aluminium businesses to Aleris for a gross consideration of EUR 826 million
- Huntsman Corporation on its acquisition of various chemical businesses from ICI and Rhodia and on its disposal of its UK petrochemicals business to SABIC
- Huntsworth on its merger with Incepta Group and acquisition of Mmd Group comprising public relations businesses in 18 Central and Eastern European countries
Gary is ranked as a leading individual in the Corporate/M&A: High-end Capability section of Chambers UK, 2012 and Chambers Europe, 2011. He is also mentioned in the 'Corporate/M&A' section of Chambers Global, 2012. Gary is general editor of Butterworths 'Takeovers: Law and Practice'.
Gary worked in our Hong Kong office from 1994 to 1996.