Felix K.H. Ng is a partner in Haldanes Solicitors & Notaries in Hong Kong, specialising in commercial litigation, complex “white collar” crimes and financial regulatory work.
His notable experience includes:-
• Defending listed company directors in a high-profile fraud trial and instructing a leading UK Queen’s Counsel on stay applications, judicial review & appeal;
• Defending a listed company chairman in the first Securities & Futures Commission (SFC) prosecution in Hong Kong on Price Rigging;
• Handling a multi-jurisdictional corporate civil claim of over HK$300 million involving Hong Kong, Mainland China, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Singapore and the United States;
• Representing a listed company chairman in Mutual Legal Assistance proceedings at the City of Westminster Magistrates’ Court in the United Kingdom and in Germany concerning a corporate fraud case;
• Acting for bankers in the Lehman Brothers mini-bonds & structured products investigations.
Given his language abilities and his role as an officer of the International Bar Association (IBA), Felix has advised a broad spectrum of international clients and has strong connections with legal practitioners from all over the world.
Felix is also a frequent speaker at international legal conferences, including:-
• IBA Annual Conference, Boston 2013 - “Tax Fraud – Causes & Cures”
• Fundação Rui Cunha, Macau 2013 - "Money Laundering & Corruption in Hong Kong & Macau"
• IBA Annual Conference, Dubai 2011 - "Cross-border Investigations of Corruption"
• 14th Annual Transnational Crime Conference, Amsterdam 2011 - "Immunity in Criminal Cartel Investigations"
• Young Lawyers’ Training Course at the Tokyo Bar Association 2010 - "Roundtable Discussion: Young Lawyers after the Global Financial Crisis"
• IBA Annual Conference, Vancouver 2010 - "Tax Offences in Cross-border cases: Evasion or Avoidance?"
• IBA Annual Conference, Madrid 2009 - "Financial Crime and Regulation: Market Abuse & Insider Dealing"
EducationCollege of Law of England & Wales, Master of Laws in International Legal PracticeTsinghua University, Bachelor of Chinese LawUniversity of Hong Kong, Postgraduate Certificate of LawsUniversity of Hong Kong, Bachelor of Laws
MembershipsOfficer of the International Bar Association
QualificationAdmitted in Hong Kong (2004)Admitted in England & Wales (2011)Admitted in Dubai International Financial Centre (2012)