Didier Théophile is a partner at Darrois Villey Maillot Brochier. He is the founder and head of the firm’s antitrust and competition law practice. His practice covers all aspects of competition law counselling and litigation at the European and national levels, notably in matters relating to anticompetitive conduct, consumer protection and merger control. Mr. Théophile frequently represents clients before the European and French competition authorities and courts and has wide experience in high-profile litigation and in significant cross-border transactions.
He is particularly recognised for his antitrust law expertise in regulated sectors, such as media, telecom and the internet. He also serves clients in consumer-related matters.
Mr. Theophile is a member of the advisory committee of the French Ministry of Economy “Ateliers de la concurrence et de la consommation” (competition and consumer workshops).
In addition, Mr. Théophile is member of the IBA (International Bar Association) and the AFEC (French Association of Competition Study). He is also a board member of the APDC (French Bar Association of Competition Specialists).
Mr. Théophile is a contributor to the following articles:
• “Can human rights help? Bouygues' claim that its procedural rights were infringed”, Journal of European Competition Law & Practice 2012, Vol. 3, n° 4, Didier Théophile and Igor Simic
• “Legal challenges to dawn raid inspections under the principles of EU, French and ECHR law”, Journal of European Competition Law & Practice 2012, Vol. 3, n° 6, Didier Théophile and Igor Simic
• “The French Minister of Economy approves a concentration in the meat sector without remedy (Bigard/Arcadie Centre Est)”, e-competitions, May 2008-I
• “The French Minister of Economy approves a concentration in the sector for organization of fairs and shows subject to phase II undertakings (Unibail Holding/CCIP)”, e-competitions, Febuary 2008-II
• “The French Minister of Economy grants clearance to a merger in the markets for milk collection and milk supply (Orlait/Comalait)”, e-competitions, November 2007-I
• “The French Minister of Economy grants clearance to a merger in the market for property services (Banque Fédérale des Banques Populaires/Foncia Groupe)”, e-competitions, August 2007-I
• “The French Minister of Economy grants clearance to a merger in the market for audit and accounting services (Deloitte/JMF)”, e-competitions August 2007-I
EducationInstitut d’Etudes Politiques de Strasbourg (Diploma, magna cum laude, 1986)University (law school) of Strasbourg (LLL Industrial Property, summa cum laude, 1989)College of Europe, Bruges, Belgium (LLL European Legal Studies, summa cum laude, 1990)