David Fruitman is Regional Competition Counsel and Senior Adviser at DFDL. He has worked on some of the largest private transactions in Cambodia with a focus on corporate acquisitions, telecommunications, secured transactions and concessions. Prior to coming to Cambodia, David had substantial experience in Competition, Foreign Investment, International Trade and Privacy Law with two major Canadian law firms. He holds a Post-Graduate Diploma in EC Competition Law (King’s College, London), Juris Doctor (University of Toronto, Faculty of Law) and a B.A. (Economics) (University of Ontario).
- Contributor (Vietnam Chapter), The Political Economy Of Competition Law In Asia (Edward Elgar, 2013)
- Contributor (Cambodia, Lao, Thailand, Vietnam Chapters) The Essentials of Merger Review (ABA, 2013)
- Contributing Author (Cambodia, Lao PDR, Thailand, Vietnam) ABA International Antitrust Committee Year-in-Review, 2010, 2009 & 2008 Editions
- Contributing Author (Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Vietnam) ABA Merger Committee, Review of International Merger Regimes, 2010 & 2009 Editions
- Author, Abuse of Dominance in Developing Economies, published by CUTS International, 2005
Education2001 – Post-Graduate Diploma in EC Competition Law, King’s College, London1997 – Called to the Bar of Ontario1995 – J.D., University of Toronto, Faculty of Law1992 – Studies toward B.A. (Commerce), University of Toronto1991 – B.A. (Economics), University of Toronto