ProfessionDirector, Corporate & Commercial; Head, Competition and Regulatory Practice Group; Head, Telecommunications, Media and Technology Practice Group at Drew & Napier LLC
Chong Kin is widely acknowledged as one of the leading competition practitioners in Singapore. Since 1999, he played a key role in the development of sectoral competition regulation in the telecommunications, media, print and postal industries in Singapore, and subsequently the development of general competition law under the Competition Act. He was the lead Singapore counsel that undertook the drafting and subsequent reviews of the Telecom Competition Code, the Media Market Conduct Code and the Postal Competition Code. Chong Kin's diverse client portfolio spans the Competition Commission of Singapore (“CCS”) and the sectoral competition regulators to private sector companies. Chong Kin also regularly advises corporations on competition law matters, particularly focusing on competition compliance, enforcement investigation, advisory, transaction reviews and filing for decisions and guidance with the CCS.
Chong Kin has been recognised as the leading competition law expert in Singapore by major ranking publications. He is listed as a leading lawyer by the International Who’s Who of Competition Lawyers & Economists 2008 to 2014 and the International Who's Who of Regulatory Communications Lawyers. Practical Law Company’s Which Lawyer? Cross Border Handbook: Competition/Antitrust 2011/2012 lists Chong Kin as a recognised lawyer in competition and antitrust. The Guide to the World’s Leading Competition & Antitrust Lawyers/Economists 2010, 2012 and 2014 (9th to 11th editions) nominates Chong Kin as a Leading Antitrust Lawyer in Singapore. Chambers Asia 2014 also recognises Chong Kin's achievements, describing him as "an outstanding lawyer who is savvy, intelligent and quick, and possesses excellent business judgement". Asia Pacific Legal 500 and Asialaw Leading Lawyers recognise Chong Kin for his achievements in the area of competition law.
- Bull, Lim and Whish, Competition Law and Policy in Singapore (Academy Publishing, 2009)
- Hwang and Yeo, Law Relating to Specific Contracts in Singapore, (Thomson, Sweet & Maxwell, 2008), Chapter 5
- Singapore Chapter on Merger Control, Getting the Deal Through 2009 – 2015 (Global Competition Review)
- Singapore Chapter on Cartel Regulation, Getting the Deal Through 2011 – 2014 (Global Competition Review)
- Singapore Chapter on Merger Control 2012 – 2014, International Comparative Legal Guide (The Global Legal Group)
- Singapore Chapter on Cartels & Leniency 2012 – 2014, International Comparative Legal Guide (The Global Legal Group)
- Overview of the Singapore Telecoms and Media Regulatory Framework, Getting the Deal Through 2008 – 2014 (Global Competition Review)
- All Things Not Being Equal, Asian MENA Counsel Vol 9 Issue 7 2011
- Singapore Competition Law Update, The Asia-Pacific Antitrust Review 2008 (Global Competition Review)
- Singapore Chapter of the American Bar Association International Antitrust Law Committee Year-in-Review 2009, 2010 and 2011
- Counting on Competition, Asian Counsel Vol 7 Issue 9 November 2009 – In Antitrust we trust?
- Lim and Ng, Your Country Guide to ASEAN Competition Law (Drew & Napier LLC, 1st edition 2008; 2nd edition 2010; 3rd edition 2012)
- Singapore Chapter on Merger Control 2011 (First Edition) and 2014 (Second Edition), The European Lawyer Reference Series – Jurisdictional Comparisons (The European Lawyer)
- Merger Notifications in Singapore: Information Requirements, International Antitrust Committee: The Newsletter, Summer 2013
- Singapore Chapter on Data Protection & Privacy, Getting the Deal Through 2014 – 2015 (Global Competition Review)
- Lim and Ng, The International Encyclopaedia of Laws, Competition Law - Singapore (Kluwer Law International, 2013)
EducationLLM, National University of Singapore, 1997LLB (Hons), National University of Singapore, 1995