ProfessionPartner, Fisher Scoggins Waters
Charlotte Waters specialises in construction, engineering and manufacturing disputes and disasters.
Charlotte is an accredited sediator and is a solicitor-advocate with full Higher Rights of Audience in all courts in all proceedings.
Charlotte specialises in major incident response following construction and engineering disasters and complex major property damage claims arising out of construction and design defects, fire, flood, theft, impact and explosions.
She firmly believes that the secret of success is to get the facts right above all else. Many cases are lost because lawyers either confuse fact with assumption or are insufficiently equipped when working with complex technical evidence to examine it with the necessary rigor.
- Major property damage claims (arising out of defective design and or construction, fire, flood, theft, impact, and explosions)
- Insurance disputes/claims
- Professional indemnity (construction and engineering)
- Subrogated recovery claims
- Major Incident Response
- Acting for employers, contractors, sub-contractors, engineers, architects, insurers and reinsurers in arbitration, litigation, adjudication and mediation.
- Insurance and reinsurance coverage and policy disputes (CAR/EAR and professional indemnity).
- Alternative dispute resolution including adjudication and mediation
- Extensive experience of major incident response and investigations through her involvement in the Cullen Inquiry into the Ladbroke Grove Rail Crash of October 1999, and the three-year long investigation which followed the Hatfield Derailment a year later.