Agapi Patsa is an associate in Steptoe's Brussels office, where she is a member of the Antitrust & Competition Group.
Ms. Patsa deals with all aspects of EU competition law. She has substantial experience not only in defending companies involved in multi-jurisdictional cartel investigations, but also in guiding companies through abuse of dominance proceedings on both the complainant and defendant sides. Ms. Patsa regularly advises clients on the antitrust implications of commercial transactions and conducts antitrust compliance trainings for trade associations and companies’ staff.
Ms. Patsa is particularly familiar with the chemicals, air transportation, telecommunications and nanotechnology industries.
- ‘A nanotechnology Legal Framework’ in M. Hull and D. Bowman (eds.) Nanotechnology Environmental Health and Safety: Risks, Regulation and Management (co-authored with Geert Van Calster and John C. Monica), publication expected in 2014
- 'Towards a More Sustainable Use of Commitment Decisions in Article 102 TFEU Cases' (co-authored with Yves Botteman), published in Journal of Antitrust Enforcement in August 2013
- 'A Step Toward More Private Competition Enforcement in EU' (co-authored with Laura Atlee), published in Law360 on June 21, 2013
- 'An Antitrust Cooperation Agreement Of Unprecedented Depth' (co-authored with Yves Botteman), published in Law360 on June 6, 2013
- 'Yet Another EC Energy Case Resolved Through Commitments' (co-authored with Yves Botteman), published in Law360 on April 26, 2013
- 'A Warning to EU Member States' (co-authored with Dr. Anna Gergely), published in Chemical Watch in February 2013
- 'Standardisation Work: Beware the Antitrust Dimension' (co-authored with Dr. Anna Gergely), published in Chemical Watch in September 2012
- 'The Jurisdictional Reach of EU Anti-Cartel Rules: Unmuddling the Limits' (co-authored with Yves Botteman), published in European Competition Journal on August 1, 2012
- 'Good Faith Disclosure and FRAND Commitment in the Context of Standardisation Agreements in the EU: The European Commission’s New Horizontal Co-operation Guidelines' (co-authored with Yves Botteman), published in EuroWatch on May 31, 2011
- 'Why The EU Gets Atty-Client Privilege Wrong' (co-authored with Yves Botteman), published in Law360 on September 30, 2010
EducationPhD candidate in international trade law, K.U.Leuven ‘11LLM on EU law, College of Europe ‘09LLM on EU law, K.U.Leuven ‘08Law Degree, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki ‘07