2Amendment of the Education (School Day and School Year) (England) Regulations 1999
(1) The Education (School Day and School Year) (England) Regulations 1999 are amended as follows.
(2) Omit regulation 3(6) and regulation 5.
(3) For regulation 4 substitute the following regulation—
(1) Where a school session in the 2007–2008 school year is devoted wholly or mainly to the provision to teachers employed at that school of training to which this paragraph applies, that session shall be regarded for the purposes of regulation 3 as a session on which that school has met.
(2) Paragraph (1) shall not have effect in relation to more than two school sessions.
(3) This paragraph applies to training relating to the teaching of pupils who are in the third key stage (as defined in section 82 of the Education Act 2002)."
Specified date: 1 December 2007: see reg 1(1).