(1) The title of these Regulations is the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) (Amendment) (Wales) Regulations 2006.
(2) These Regulations come into force on 30 June 2007.
(3) These Regulations apply in relation to Wales.
Specified date: 30 June 2007: see para (2) above.
2Amendment of the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Regulations 1990
After regulation 3A (design and access statements) of the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Regulations 1990, insert—
“3B Access Statements: Wales
(1) Any application to a local planning authority for listed building consent must, subject to paragraph (3), be accompanied by a statement (“an access statement”) explaining how issues relating to access to the building have been dealt with.
(2) Subject to paragraph (3), an access statement must explain—
(a) the policy or approach adopted as to access, including—
(i) what alternative means of access have been considered, and
(ii) how policies relating to access in the development plan have been taken into account,
(b) how the policy or approach adopted as to access takes account of—
(i) the special architectural or historic importance of the building,
(ii) the particular physical features of the building that justify its designation as a listed building, and
(iii) the building's setting,
(c) how any specific issues which might affect access to the building have been addressed; and
(d) how features which ensure access to the building will be maintained.
(3) Paragraphs (1) and (2) do not apply in relation to an application for listed building consent to carry out works affecting only the interior of a building.”.
Specified date: 30 June 2007: see reg 1(2).
(This note is not part of the Regulations)
Regulation 3 of the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Regulations 1990 (“the 1990 Regulations”) makes provision in relation to applications to local planning authorities for listed building consent or conservation area consent.
Regulation 2 of these Regulations inserts regulation 3B into the 1990 Regulations. The new regulation 3B applies in relation to Wales and makes provision in respect of the requirement for access statements to accompany applications for listed building consent. The new provision is in consequence of section 42 of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004, which inserted the “access statements” requirement into the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990.