2Amendment of the principal Regulations
(1) The principal Regulations shall be amended in accordance with the following paragraphs of this regulation.
(2) In regulation 3, after paragraph (1), there is inserted—
“(1A) Subject to regulations 7 and 8, the term of office of any member which, but for this provision, would expire on 31st August 2002, shall be extended to 31st March 2004.”
(3) In paragraph (5) of regulation 3, after “appointed” in the first place where it occurs, there is inserted “or of that term as extended by virtue of paragraph (1A),”.
(4) Regulation 22 of the principal Regulations (transitional arrangements for existing members) shall be omitted.
(5) For paragraph 6 of the Schedule to the principal Regulations (meetings and proceedings of Councils) there is substituted—
No business shall be transacted at a meeting unless at least one-third of actual members (excluding vacancies) or four members, whichever is the higher number, are present.”.
Specified date: 31 August 2002: see reg 1(1).
These Regulations apply to England only: see reg 1(3).