10Dispatch of animal products
(1) No person shall dispatch animal products of the bovine, ovine, caprine and porcine species and other biungulates not otherwise mentioned in these Regulations produced after 1st February 2001.
(2) No person shall dispatch dung or manure.
(3) The prohibition in paragraph (1) shall not apply in relation to—
(a) animal products which have been subjected to—
(i) heat treatment in a hermetically sealed container with a Fo value of 3.00 or more; or
(ii) heat treatment in which the centre temperature is raised to at least 70°C;
(b) blood and blood products as defined in Chapter 7 of Annex I to Council Directive 92/118/EEC which have been subjected to—
(i) heat treatment at a temperature of 65°C for at least three hours followed by an effectiveness check;
(ii) irradiation of 2.5 megarads or gamma rays followed by an effectiveness check;
(iii) change of pH to pH5 or lower for at least two hours, followed by an effectiveness check; or
(iv) a treatment as provided for in Chapter 4 of Annex I to Council Directive 92/118/EEC;
(c) lard and rendered fats which have been subjected to the heat treatment prescribed in paragraph 2(A) of chapter 9 of Annex I to Council Directive 92/118/EEC;
(d) animal casings to which the provisions of paragraph B Chapter 2 of Annex I to Council Directive 92/118/EEC apply adapted as necessary to suit the case;
(e) sheep wool ruminant hair and pigs' bristles which have undergone factory washing or have been obtained from tanning and unprocessed sheep wool, ruminant hair and pigs' bristles which are securely enclosed in packaging and dry;
(f) semi-moist and dried petfood conforming to the requirements of paragraphs 2 and 3 respectively of Chapter 4 of Annnex I to Council Directive 92/118/EEC;
(g) composite products which are not subjected to further treatment containing products of animal origin on the understanding that the treatment was not necessary for finished products the ingredients of which comply with the respective animal health conditions laid down in these Regulations;
(h) game trophies in accordance with paragraph 2(b) of Part B of Chapter 13 to Annex I to Council Directive 92/118/EEC; or
(i) packed products intended for use as in-vitro diagnostic or laboratory reagents.
(4) The animal products must be accompanied by an offficial certificate prepared by the Secretary of State or the Minister and signed by a person appointed as an officer of the kind specified in the certificate stating—
“Animal products conforming to Commission Decision 2001/172/EC of 1st March 2001 concerning certain protection measures with regard to foot-and-mouth disease in the United Kingdom”.
(5) Paragraph (4) shall not apply to products specified in sub-paragraphs (b), (c) or (d) of paragraph (3) which have a commercial document required under the Products of Animal Origin (Import and Export) Regulations 1996 endorsed in accordance with regulation 12 of these Regulations.
(6) Paragraphs (4) shall not apply to products specified in sub-paragraphs (e) of paragraph (3) which are accompanied by a commercial document stating either—
(a) that the products have undergone factory washing or have been obtained from tanning; or
(b) that the products comply with the conditions laid down in paragraphs (2) and (4) of Chapter 15 of Annex I to Council Directive 92/118/EEC.
(7) Paragraph (4) shall not apply to products specified in sub-paragraph (g) of paragraph (3) which have been produced in an establishment operating HACCP and an auditable standard operating procedure which ensures that pre-processed ingredients comply with the requirements of these Regulations and they have a commercial document endorsed in accordance with regulation 12.
(8) Paragraph (4) shall not apply to products specified in sub-paragraph (i) of paragraph (3) if they are accompanied by a commerical document stating that the products are for use as in-vitro diagnostic or laboratory reagents, provided that the products are clearly labelled “for in-vitro diagnostic use only” or “for laboratory use only”.
Specified date: 13 July 2001 (these Regulations apply until midnight on 20 July 2001): see reg 1.
These Regulations apply to England only: see reg 1(1).