7 Basis of awards
Free legislation on LexisWeb is as enacted and does not take into account any amendments
Awards7Basis of awards
(1) Universal credit is payable in respect of each complete assessment period within a period of entitlement.
(2) In this Part an “assessment period” is a period of a prescribed duration.
(3) Regulations may make provision—
(a) about when an assessment period is to start;
(b) for universal credit to be payable in respect of a period shorter than an assessment period;
(c) about the amount payable in respect of a period shorter than an assessment period.
(4) In subsection (1) “period of entitlement” means a period during which entitlement to universal credit subsists.
To be appointed
To be appointed: see s 150(3).
- The current law in England and Wales, consolidated by the incorporation of amendments into existing legislation, by an expert team of editorsView Consolidated Version
- Authoritative guides to the status of statutory provisions and their meaning from a range of titles from Butterworths, Halsbury's Statutes and TolleyView other related LexisLibrary annotations
- Official explanatory notes that further explain the effects of the Act and summarise what the Act sets out to achieveView official explanatory notes
- Indicates the date on which a section of an enactment was brought into force, powered by Halsbury's Is It In ForceView current status of this Act
- Subordinate legislation is made under the authority of a provision (or provisions) of an Act (or Acts) of ParliamentView all subordinate legislation
- Commentary discussing this particular case from LexisLibrary's comprehensive range of titles including Butterworths, Halsbury's and TolleyView all related commentary
- An authoritative guide to the status of statutory provisions and their meaning, including definitions, cross-references and information on commencement and amendmentView Halsbury Statutes Citator
- Cases related to this particular case that are related to, or discuss this caseView related cases