108 Removal of Secretary of State approval for staff numbers, terms etc
Free legislation on LexisWeb is as enacted and does not take into account any amendments
108Removal of Secretary of State approval for staff numbers, terms etc
(1) Paragraph 4 of Schedule 5 to the Data Protection Act 1998 (appointment of officers and staff of the Information Commissioner) is amended as follows.
(2) After sub-paragraph (4) insert—
“(4A) In making appointments under this paragraph, the Commissioner must have regard to the principle of selection on merit on the basis of fair and open competition.”
(3) Omit sub-paragraph (5) (approval of Secretary of State required for number, and terms and conditions, of persons to be appointed).
To be appointed
To be appointed: see s 120(1).
Freedom of Information92
Administrative Law & Judicial Review92
Human Rights & Civil Liberties92
Information Technology & Telecommunications99
- The current law in England and Wales, consolidated by the incorporation of amendments into existing legislation, by an expert team of editorsView Consolidated Version
- Authoritative guides to the status of statutory provisions and their meaning from a range of titles from Butterworths, Halsbury's Statutes and TolleyView other related LexisLibrary annotations
- Official explanatory notes that further explain the effects of the Act and summarise what the Act sets out to achieveView official explanatory notes
- Indicates the date on which a section of an enactment was brought into force, powered by Halsbury's Is It In ForceView current status of this Act
- Subordinate legislation is made under the authority of a provision (or provisions) of an Act (or Acts) of ParliamentView all subordinate legislation
- Commentary discussing this particular case from LexisLibrary's comprehensive range of titles including Butterworths, Halsbury's and TolleyView all related commentary
- An authoritative guide to the status of statutory provisions and their meaning, including definitions, cross-references and information on commencement and amendmentView Halsbury Statutes Citator
- Cases related to this particular case that are related to, or discuss this caseView related cases