73 Mental health treatment requirement
Free legislation on LexisWeb is as enacted and does not take into account any amendments
73Mental health treatment requirement
(1) Section 207 of the Criminal Justice Act 2003 (mental health treatment requirement) is amended as follows.
(2) In subsection (3)(a) (requirement for court to be satisfied as to offender's mental condition on evidence of registered medical practitioner)—
(a) omit the words from “, on the evidence” to “1983,”, and
(b) in sub-paragraph (ii), for “that Act” substitute “the Mental Health Act 1983”.
(3) Omit subsection (5) (application of section 54(2) and (3) of the Mental Health Act 1983 to proof of offender's mental condition).
To be appointed
To be appointed: see s 151(1).
This section does not extend to Scotland: see s 152(1).
Public Funding of Criminal Proceedings99
Criminal Law & Disposition of Offenders99
Sentencing Powers & General Principles of Sentencing99
- Indicates the date on which a section of an enactment was brought into force, powered by Halsbury's Is It In ForceView current status of this Act
- Commentary discussing this particular case from LexisLibrary's comprehensive range of titles including Butterworths, Halsbury's and TolleyView all related commentary
- An authoritative guide to the status of statutory provisions and their meaning, including definitions, cross-references and information on commencement and amendmentView Halsbury Statutes Citator
- Authoritative guides to the status of statutory provisions and their meaning from a range of titles from Butterworths, Halsbury's Statutes and TolleyView other related LexisLibrary annotations
- Cases related to this particular case that are related to, or discuss this caseView related cases
- The current law in England and Wales, consolidated by the incorporation of amendments into existing legislation, by an expert team of editorsView Consolidated Version
- Subordinate legislation is made under the authority of a provision (or provisions) of an Act (or Acts) of ParliamentView all subordinate legislation
- Official explanatory notes that further explain the effects of the Act and summarise what the Act sets out to achieveView official explanatory notes