Free legislation on LexisWeb is as enacted and does not take into account any amendments
(1) The Director is to carry out the functions of the office on behalf of the Crown.
(2) Service as the Director is service in the civil service of the State.
(3) The Lord Chancellor is to be treated as a corporation sole—
(a) for all purposes relating to the acquisition, holding, management and disposal of property and interests in property under this Part, and
(b) for all other purposes relating to the Lord Chancellor's functions in connection with legal aid and other functions under this Part.
(4) An instrument in connection with the acquisition, holding, management or disposal by the Lord Chancellor of property or an interest in property under this Part or for a purpose mentioned in subsection (3)(b) may be executed on the Lord Chancellor's behalf by a person authorised by the Lord Chancellor for that purpose.
(5) Any such instrument purporting to have been executed by the Lord Chancellor or on the Lord Chancellor's behalf is to be received in evidence and, unless the contrary is proved, to be treated as having been so executed.
To be appointed: see s 151(1).
This section does not extend to Scotland: see s 152(1).