Free legislation on LexisWeb is as enacted and does not take into account any amendments
(1) The provisions of this Act come into force on such day as the Lord Chancellor or the Secretary of State may appoint by order, subject to subsections (2) and (3).
(2) The following provisions come into force on the day on which this Act is passed—
(a) section 77,
(b) section 119, and
(c) this Part.
(3) This section does not apply to section 76 (but see section 77).
(4) An order under this section is to be made by statutory instrument.
(5) An order under this section may—
(a) appoint different days for different purposes, and
(b) make transitional, transitory or saving provision.
(6) An order under this section bringing into force section 133, 134, 136, 137 or 138 may appoint different days for different areas.
Royal Assent: 1 May 2012: see sub-s (2)(c) above.