Free legislation on LexisWeb is as enacted and does not take into account any amendments
(1) In Part 13 of the National Health Service Act 2006, before section 248 (and the cross-heading preceding it) insert—“Co-operation in relation to public health functions247B Co-operation in relation to public health functions
(1) This section applies to any body or other person that exercises functions similar to those of the Secretary of State under section 2A (whether or not in relation to the United Kingdom).
(2) The Secretary of State must co-operate with the body or other person in the exercise by it of those functions.
(3) If the Secretary of State acts under subsection (2) at the request of the body or other person, the Secretary of State may impose charges in respect of any costs incurred by the Secretary of State in doing so.
(4) The body or other person must co-operate with the Secretary of State in the exercise by the Secretary of State of functions under section 2A.
(5) If the body or other person acts under subsection (4) at the request of the Secretary of State, it may impose charges in respect of any costs incurred by it in doing so.”
(2) In section 271 of that Act (territorial limit of exercise of functions), in subsection (3) after paragraph (d) insert—
“(da) section 247B (co-operation in relation to public health functions),”.
Royal Assent (in so far as is necessary for enabling the exercise on or after 27 March 2012 of any power to make an order or regulations or to give directions that is conferred by the above section or an amendment made by it.): 27 March 2012: see s 306(1)(d).
To be appointed (for remaining purposes): see s 306(4).
This section does not extend to Scotland: see s 308(1).