Free legislation on LexisWeb is as enacted and does not take into account any amendments
(1) Section 269 of the National Health Service Act 2006 (special notices of births and deaths) is amended as follows.
(2) For subsection (2) substitute—
“(2) Each registrar of births and deaths must furnish to such relevant body or bodies as may be determined in accordance with regulations the particulars of such births or deaths entered in a register of births or deaths kept for the registrar's sub-district as may be prescribed.”
(3) In subsection (4) for “the Primary Care Trust for the area in which the birth takes place” substitute “such relevant body or bodies as may be determined in accordance with regulations”.
(4) In subsection (6)—
(a) after “under subsection (4)” insert “to a relevant body”, and
(b) for “the Primary Care Trust” (in each place where it occurs) substitute “the body”.
(5) In subsection (7)—
(a) for “A Primary Care Trust” substitute “A relevant body to whom notice is required to be given under subsection (4)”, and
(b) for “any medical practitioner or midwife residing or practising within its area” substitute “such descriptions of medical practitioners or midwives as may be prescribed”.
(6) In subsection (9) for “the Primary Care Trust concerned” substitute “the relevant body or bodies to whom the failure relates”.
(7) In subsection (10), in paragraph (a) for “a Primary Care Trust” substitute “a relevant body”.
(8) After subsection (10) insert—
“(11) For the purposes of this section, the following are relevant bodies—
(a) the National Health Service Commissioning Board,
(b) clinical commissioning groups,
(c) local authorities.
(12) Information received by a local authority by virtue of this section may be used by it only for the purposes of functions exercisable by it in relation to the health service.
(13) In this section, “local authority” has the same meaning as in section 2B.”
(9) Until the commencement of section 34, section 269(11) of the National Health Service Act 2006 has effect as if Primary Care Trusts were included in the list of bodies that are relevant bodies for the purposes of that section.
Royal Assent (in so far as is necessary for enabling the exercise on or after 27 March 2012 of any power to make an order or regulations or to give directions that is conferred by the above section or an amendment made by it.): 27 March 2012: see s 306(1)(d).
To be appointed (for remaining purposes): see s 306(4).
This section does not extend to Scotland: see s 308(1).