Free legislation on LexisWeb is as enacted and does not take into account any amendments
(1) The Health and Social Work Professions Order 2001 (SI 2002/254) is amended as follows.
(2) In article 37 (appeals against decisions of the Education and Training Committee), in paragraph (5A), at the end of sub-paragraph (a) insert “or registered as a social worker in a register kept by the General Social Care Council, the Care Council for Wales, the Scottish Social Services Council or the Northern Ireland Social Care Council”.
(3) In that article, in paragraph (8), after “paragraph (4)” insert “(other than a hearing on an appeal relating to a social worker in England)”.
(4) In that article, after that paragraph insert—
“(8A) A hearing provided for by the rules made under paragraph (4) on an appeal relating to a social worker in England is to be held in England.”
(5) In article 38 (appeals), after paragraph (1) insert—
“(1ZA) An appeal from a decision referred to in paragraph (1)(b) relating to social workers in England shall lie only to the county court.”
(6) In that article, in paragraph (4), after “article” insert “(subject to paragraph (5))”.
(7) In that article, after that paragraph insert—
“(5) In this article, in the case of an appeal relating to a social worker in England, “the appropriate court” means the High Court of Justice in England and Wales.”
Royal Assent (in so far as is necessary for enabling the exercise on or after 27 March 2012 of any power to make an order or regulations or to give directions that is conferred by the above section or an amendment made by it.): 27 March 2012: see s 306(1)(d).
To be appointed (for remaining purposes): see s 306(4).
This section does not extend to Scotland: see s 308(1).