Free legislation on LexisWeb is as enacted and does not take into account any amendments
(1) Before making—
(a) an order under section 17 that contains provision establishing a new public scheme or transferring qualifying accrued rights to a new public scheme, or
(b) any order under any other provision of this Part,
the Secretary of State must consult the trustee of the RMPP and a Royal Mail company (within the meaning of Part 1).
(2) The Secretary of State may not make an order under any provision of this Part (apart from section 24) unless the Treasury have consented to its making.
(3) Any order under this Part is subject to negative resolution procedure.
(4) Any order under this Part may provide for it (or any of its provisions) to come into force on a specified day.
(5) A “specified day” means a day specified in an order made by the Secretary of State under this subsection (and different days may be specified for different purposes).
Subsections (1) to (3) do not apply to an order under this subsection.
(6) A statutory instrument containing regulations under section 23 is subject to annulment in pursuance of a resolution of the House of Commons.
(7) Nothing in any provision of this Part that authorises the inclusion of any particular kind of provision in any order, regulations or scheme is to be read as restricting the generality of the provision that may be included in the order, regulations or scheme.
To be appointed: see s 93(3).