12 Police procedures and practices
Free legislation on LexisWeb is as enacted and does not take into account any amendments
12Police procedures and practices
(1) Section 53A of the Police Act 1996 (c 16) (regulation of procedures and practices) is amended as follows.
(2) In subsection (1) for “all police forces in England and Wales” substitute “one or more police forces”.
(3) In subsection (7)(a) after “in order to” insert
(i) promote the efficiency and effectiveness of a police force, or
To be appointed
To be appointed: see s 116(1).
Criminal Law & Disposition of Offenders97
- Authoritative guides to the status of statutory provisions and their meaning from a range of titles from Butterworths, Halsbury's Statutes and TolleyView other related LexisLibrary annotations
- The current law in England and Wales, consolidated by the incorporation of amendments into existing legislation, by an expert team of editorsView Consolidated Version
- Indicates the date on which a section of an enactment was brought into force, powered by Halsbury's Is It In ForceView current status of this Act
- Cases related to this particular case that are related to, or discuss this caseView related cases
- Official explanatory notes that further explain the effects of the Act and summarise what the Act sets out to achieveView official explanatory notes
- Commentary discussing this particular case from LexisLibrary's comprehensive range of titles including Butterworths, Halsbury's and TolleyView all related commentary
- An authoritative guide to the status of statutory provisions and their meaning, including definitions, cross-references and information on commencement and amendmentView Halsbury Statutes Citator
- Subordinate legislation is made under the authority of a provision (or provisions) of an Act (or Acts) of ParliamentView all subordinate legislation