Free legislation on LexisWeb is as enacted and does not take into account any amendments
(1) Section 158 of the Government of Wales Act 2006 (c 32) (interpretation) is amended as follows.
(2) In subsection (1) after the definition of “Wales” insert
“Welsh zone” means the sea adjacent to Wales which is—
(a) within British fishery limits (that is, the limits set by or under section 1 of the Fishery Limits Act 1976), and
(b) specified in an Order in Council under section 58 or an order under subsection (3).”
(3) For subsection (3) substitute—
“(3) The Secretary of State may by order determine, or make provision for determining, for the purposes of the definitions of “Wales” and the “Welsh zone”, any boundary between waters which are to be treated as parts of the sea adjacent to Wales, or sea within British fishery limits adjacent to Wales, and those which are not.”
(4) Part 2 of Schedule 4 (which contains amendments consequential on this section) has effect.
(5) The Secretary of State may by order make such modifications or amendments of—
(a) any Act passed before the end of the Session in which this Act is passed, or
(b) any instrument made before the end of that Session,
as the Secretary of State considers appropriate in consequence of this section.
Royal Assent (in so far as it confers power to make an Order in Council under the Government of Wales Act 2006 or an order under or by virtue of this Act): 12 November 2009: see s 324(1)(c), (d).
To be appointed (for remaining purposes): see s 324(3), (5).